June 29th, 2015
- Economics – Mongolia issues bonds to international investors. Read more about Economics
- Politics – PM Saikhanbileg says JV issues to be discussed at business level. Read more about Politics
- Business – Rio will invest at least $250m into Oyu Tolgoi mine this year. Read more about Business
- Securities – Mongolian Stock Exchange weekly review. Read more about Securities
- Society – Public votes to stop license plate restrictions on UB roads. Read more about Society
Mongolia's PM Saikhanbileg met with Russian President Putin to discuss various ways to encourage both countries' businesses to work together. Russian and Mongolian joint venture parteners attended the meetings and both sides agreed to eliminate political interest and give more power to the board of directors of companies to make decisions. PM Saikhanbileg also expressed views on increasing exports of meat and cattle vaccinations to Russia.
The Mongolian Stock Exchange's Top 20 Index declined last week after gaining for 11 days in a row. The main index closed at 15,221.72. Amongst the top movers, coal miners Sharyn Gol gained by 17.66% and agricultural producers Uvs Chatsargana lost 15.47% to trade at MNT 1000.
According to a recent poll, 85% of residents in UB told the city mayor to drop the controversial license plate restrictions. An increasing number of complaints made the city authorities run a poll to canvas general public opinion on restricting their cars. For the last two years, UB city residents have not been able to use their cars available for one day of the week.