June 22nd, 2015
- Economics – Sharyn Gol signs deal to ship coal to four nations. Read more about Economics
- Politics – United Arab Emirates to open embassy in Mongolia. Read more about Politics
- Business – Khan Resources takes disputed case to US Court. Read more about Business
- Securities – Mongolian Stock Exchange weekly review. Read more about Securities
- Society – UB's Tuul river still polluted after emergency repair ends. Read more about Society
United Arab Emirates ("UAE") Prime Minister met with Mongolia's PM Saikhanbileg and discussed improving communications between the two nations and the possibility of establishing a UAE embassy in Ulaanbaatar. In addition, the United Arab Emirates expressed its readiness to establish relations between the law enforcement sectors of the two countries and enroll Mongolian experts for short and medium term vocational training.
The Mongolian Stock Exchange's Top 20 Index continued to soar last week rising by 6.89%. Amongst the biggest movers, leather producers Mongol Savkhi and coal giant Mogoin Gol shares went up by 30.48% and 24.72% respectively.
According to local media, the Tuul river has been polluted for many years despite recent emergency repairs. The current state of the river might have been the result of the recent developments at the Waste Water Treatment Facility. Experts reckon there is a faulty turbine with the waste flow, which is causing the river to become polluted.